This is a food programme which some of our parishioners helped initiate in Eastern Uganda. Each day Ryan's Bowl feeds over 1000 children at local Catholic Schools. This is the only hot meal these children get each day!
Please place your donations into these containers during Lent. If you wish to donate by cheque, please make these payable to Ryan’s Bowl Food Program.
This is a Registered Charity under the Canada Revenue Agency, and they issue their own receipts for Income Tax Purposes. Approximately 90% of their funds go directly to the Lunch Program. The other 10% is used for school fees for the most desperate, a school uniform to replace the most tattered, also notebooks and pencils, and in dire cases, to purchase a goat for very needy families.
The program is called “Ryan’s Bowl” in memory of Ryan Condon of Niagara Falls. Ryan was struck and killed by a drunk driver in Thunder Bay on November 26, 2006. His memory lives on through this wonderful endeavour.
Check out their website: www.ryansbowl.ca.